Monday, October 24, 2011

Ruby Quilt

This was my weekend project. Started on it Friday afternoon and finished putting the binding on it at 10pm on Sunday, right as the New Orleans Saints were winning big on Sunday Night Football. It could be used for a baby quilt or a table topper.

I didn't use a pattern... just made it up as I went.

Supplies needed

One Moda charm pack - I used Ruby, but any one will do
One yard - solid white cotton fabric for sashing
One yard - solid red cotton fabric for inside border and binding
3 yards - matching fabric for wide floral border and backing
Other items - cotton batting, sewing thread for piecing,
machine embroidery thread for quilting

I was worried about the thread since I was stuck at home and couldn't go to the store. My car is still in the shop being repaired after a little fender bender. I didn't have enough of any coordinating color thread like I usually use for the quilting so I used machine embroidery thread. It's finer and shinier and worked just fine. I even ran the quilt through the washer and drier after I finished it to make sure everything held up.... and it did. Now that I know about the embroidery thread, I have a whole other stash I can use and just about every color I will ever need. Lord knows I'm not doing much embroidery these days.

 

 




1 comment: