Monday, February 13, 2012

Puttin on the Ritz Baby Quilt

This is what I worked on this weekend.... a baby quilt. This could be made using a charm pack, but I used fat quarters instead and cut them into five-inch squares. The sashing is 2 1/2 inches wide cut from Moda Bella Solids Ivory. The finished quilt is 41 x 43 inches. I couldn't make it any wider than the backing fabric without piecing that too, but it turned out just the right size for a baby.
People always ask me how I get the quilting lines so straight. Truth is.... I cheat! I use a disappearing ink pen to mark a row of dots to follow. They washed right out when I ran the finished quilt through the washer. Caution: Do not iron over the markings because the heat might set the ink into the fabric permenantly.




This one is pre-sold. I hope MawMaw likes it :-)


2 comments: