Monday, March 5, 2012

Blue Batik Quilt


Back in April 2011, I posted another Batik quilt made with this same pattern and some general cutting instructions. Then in October 2011, I posted the beginnings of this quilt - Same pattern, different colors.   I am so excited that it is now finished.... and I finished it myself using the free motion quilting techniques I recently learned. I really like how it turned out. The colors are so rich, even next to the gorgeous geraniums. I used a variegated thread on it to blend with the colors of the fabrics throughout the quilt. The batiks are from Princess Mirah. The thread is from Superior Threads - King Tut Quilting Thread - 100% Extra-Long Staple Egyptian Cotton #40/3.




Notice how I used binder clips to hang the quilt....
a few permanent nails in the fence make it really quick to hang a quilt for photos.



A peek at the backing....
I used one long straight pin to hold up the corner.
(I'm telling all my secrets)

This quilt is was for sale on Etsy
along with my other handmade items.
I ♥ Etsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment