Saturday, March 17, 2012

Reunion Baby Quilt

Happy National Quilting Day!

This fun fabric collection is called Reunion by Sweetwater for Moda Fabrics. The backing is also from Sweetwater, but part of the Hometown collection. The gray sashing and red binding are Moda Bella Solids. The finished size after washing is about 39 x 39 inches. It did shrink about 2 inches each way. I  prewashed the solids and the backing, but did not prewash the five inch squares because they were from a charm pack which was already precut. I didn't want to make them all wonky by washing.

I had fun meandering the quilting. I hung it up to take a photo and
while I was standing there wondering how to show the back side -
turn it over, pin up one corner, have someone hold it....

  ..... a little gust of wind came by and helped me out.


I love the crinkly look after washing.
Vintage looking!

The charm packs and solids are available for sale on my website while supply lasts....
Solids - http://www.charmpacksplus.com/fabric-by-the-yard.html (scroll down for solids)

1 comment:

  1. I love this quilt! I have some Sweetwater fabrics to use, thanks for the inspiration. Sometimes simple is so striking! Love it!

    ReplyDelete